Pyzam Family Sticker Toy
.

Friday, March 6, 2009

playing with daddy, spitting parties, and a video!



It seems like it's been awhile...


and Jaedyn is growing so fast! New stages SO fast. This is insane. When I heard people say not to blink, I didn't know they meant it literally! Why is it that when it's someone else's kid they seem to never grow up (Hello! When is their kid gonna grow up!)?

Here's Jaedyn checking out her new shoes

She takes great delight in these things, as evidenced by her tongue (lol)


She spits a lot too. We frequently have family spitting parties. A moment when we all speak the same language! ;-)


Jaedyn is on the road to walking now. She can stand up all by herself with no one holding onto her for a full minute! And boy is she proud of herself. I have yet to get it on video but you know I will eventually.



So I want to talk about daddies now.

There's really something special to the daddy/daughter relationship.
Jaedyn thinks so, that's for sure.
Her daddy is her hero, you can see it in her eyes.
And he can do no wrong!
When he comes into the room, she wriggles with excitement, a huge grin on her face.
She laughs at all his jokes and teasing.
She watches sports with him.
She follows him from the room.
"Daddy" is her first word.

Yup, you read that right - she's said her first word and it's daddy. *sigh* I should have known she was a traitorous child when she was born looking just like him! ;-)

Totally kidding of course - I'm the one who asks her to say it every day, lol. When he's gone and she's looking around for him I say, "Where's daddy, Jaedyn?"

So yes, her first real word! Yeah, she made noises that sounded like "mommy" before but I'm not sure that counts because she was just wailing and knew I would come running. But she definitely knows "daddy" means her daddy. Such a cool feeling. :-)

Here are some pictures of them playing...


My favorite pic! :-)

Jaedyn is playing hard-to-get here. She's SO funny, she'll cry and bug us when we're doing something else, but when we are finally down on the floor ready to play, she is suddenly interested in everything else! So of course she wants to crawl into the kitchen now that daddy is ready to play, lol.



And below, a video of Jaedyn - just so you can see how she's growing. :-)




0 comments:

Powered By Blogger