Pyzam Family Sticker Toy
.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Jaedyn's Two-Month Checkup


Future singing star!


Jaedyn's Checkup

Yesterday Jaedyn had her two-month checkup! She did so well, I could feel that new mommy pride welling up... lol. I really like this pediatrician, he is very laid back and doesn't ever make you feel like he needs to rush you out of there, get things over with. He also doesn't mind giving you complete and thorough answers to your questions, which is nice for someone like me, a hopeless researcher and information-gatherer. ;-) And of course I want to be as informed and educated as I can when it comes to Jaedyn.

When we first get into the exam room, they have me completely de-clothe Jaedyn (which she hates of course) and put her on the scale. This visit she weighed 11 pounds, 10 ounces! Apparently she weighs a little more than average but the doctor said not to worry about it at all because he's really happy with her weight and sometimes babies that get really good prenatal and postnatal nutrition grow a little faster. She's also longer than average, which I'm not surprised at since she's suddenly all arms and legs - I'm pretty sure it happened overnight, she grew Inspector Gadget arms and legs, hehe. She's just trying to figure out what to do with them now. ;-) It occurred to me later on that her being born 10 days late might have something to do with her being a bit bigger.

All in all, it was a good visit. The entire 45 minutes to an hour that we sat there (this doc is pretty talkative but then I do ask questions too, lol), Jaedyn sat in my lap in her diaper with a blanket wrapped around her and smiled and cooed at the doctor, it was so cute. And he said he rarely got this kind of attention from a two-month-old and that she had a wonderful temperament. Apparently most scream at him when he shines the light at their eyes, checks their ears and diaper... when he checked her ears she thought he was playing with her and grinned huge, wriggling around like he was trying to tickle her.

It's a good thing I scheduled the appointment during her happy time of day! lol Though she is a great baby - she hardly cries and when she does it's pretty easy to distract or comfort her. I'm very blessed, I know. :-)

The Many Expressions of Jaedyn



and a video:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, she will get even.

Anonymous said...

Oh, as far as the inspector gadget limbs, I seem to remember a little girl that was a gangly little filly.

Lindsey said...

You mean MOI? ;-) Hopefully she grows into her feet faster than I did... I remember being around 9 years old and tripping over them. :-/

Powered By Blogger