Quotes on patience (something I'm losing!):
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it. - Arnold Glasgow
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
It is very strange that the years teach us patience - that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting. - Elizabeth Taylor
(and my personal favorite!)
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher
Two days past my due date... this is gonna be a May baby, folks! If I have her today, it'll be the same birthday as my sister, lol. But since I'm WAITING it probably won't happen (think "A watched pot never boils"). I did have contractions that kept me up all night last night - it could be close, might not. That's the thing, there's no sure way of knowing. And I'm not gonna worry about it until I'm two weeks overdue. Thankfully my doctor is good about not pressuring me to be induced. He did say I could be induced last weekend (he was on call) so he could deliver her for sure, but I wanted to wait. And now I'm waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Actually it's only been two days since my due date, but I'm excited to meet this baby! And also, I'm hugely uncomfortable right now. *grumble*
So anyway, here are the facts about babies born in May!
- Your baby's birthstone will be Emerald (Love, Success)
- Your baby's Flower is Lily_of_the_Valley or Hawthorn (Yellow, Red and Green)
- Your baby will be born in the Chinese Year of The Rat
- This time next year your baby will be 52 Weeks Old!
- Your baby will start kindergarten in 2013, be old enough to drive a car in 2024, finish high school in 2026, and will graduate from college with the class of 2030, give or take a year. Can you imagine?

1 comments:
I'll show your dad the pretty flowers and see if he can do some. I love those. Have a great day!
Post a Comment