Jaedyn had her first doctor visit yesterday! She was weighed (we had to take off all her clothes and her diaper and she did not like that one bit, lol), measured, and completely checked over by the pediatrician, who kept saying he was very, very happy with her weight gain and she's strong and healthy. She was 8 lb 9 oz when she was born, 8 lb 2 oz when she was discharged from the hospital, and yesterday weighed in at 9 lb 2 oz. I didn't think that was very much but I guess it's only been three weeks. She definitely feels heavier! And she doesn't have any trouble eating, only sometimes she does fall asleep while she's eating.
I didn't realize that when you take your baby to the doctor, you sometimes don't hear a thing the doctor says. That would be due to the infant crying/screaming in your arms after being poked and prodded and undressed and redressed... I heard certain keywords and hoped John could hear the rest, lol. It's pretty impossible to have a conversation, that's for sure. John cleverly surmised that by the time Jaedyn is 16 we might be able to actually talk to the doctor. Until then, maybe next time they'll let me talk to the doctor before they start messing with the baby.
My huge lifesaver has been a baby swing. We found one at Target that doesn't require batteries - you can plug it into the wall! I thought this was particularly wonderful because I don't want to have to be buying batteries all the time. They don't sell wind-up swings anymore, and really, who wants to be worrying about winding up the swing before it stops? Ah, we're so spoiled in this modern age. lol Anyway, it's nice to have options when Jaedyn is fussy and unhappy. I have plenty of different things to try now when it comes to soothing her. And that's the thing that really makes a mommy happy - being able to soothe her crying baby. It's so sad when they cry... :-( I was even getting a little upset when the nurse yesterday had to poke Jaedyn's heel and squeeze blood onto the little card (PKU test).
Here's a video of Jaedyn waking up this morning around 8 a.m. - I don't know what she was dreaming about but it was sure making her grin!
We've Moved!
-
We've moved!
Please change your bookmarks to direct to:
http://kindredspiritreviews.blogspot.com
Thank you!
17 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment