I can't believe it's June already! It's our anniversary this month... four years. :-) I'm really blessed... I've got a wonderful husband and a beautiful baby. We're a very happy family and I know with God as our rock we'll continue to be so.
Jaedyn is growing so fast! She's feeling pretty heavy to me and I'm already wondering how it would be nursing a baby for a year! Aren't they huge? lol If I make it to six months I'll be happy. ;-) I do know that I don't want to have to give her formula... we have given it to her a couple times and it stinks so bad! :-p The smell seems to seep from her very pores, haha. It's weird. Anyway, my mom told me that when I was six months old I wanted to eat the food she was eating so she started giving me "people food" (pureed) then. It'll probably be the same for Jaedyn since she seems to be developing fast and she's really strong.
I'm learning a lot as a new mommy. I'm getting more confidence in myself as time goes by and learning to read Jaedyn's signals - I'm not as clueless as I was a month ago. lol John has been a huge help with everything, he has been around babies before so he knew what to expect more than I did. I don't really know what I expected - I did think she'd be just crying the whole time, and didn't realize I'd be able to play with her at this age. :-) She's just now starting to respond with a smile when I smile at her and it's the most precious thing I've ever seen. I've never been around babies so this is a treat for me. :-)
Since Jaedyn was born, she's refused to suck on pacifiers. She seemed to want to, but the pacifier would go flying. I had two different kinds, one set that I got when I had my baby shower (with Winnie-the-Pooh on it) and another that came from the hospital. They're the flat kind. So last week I went to Fred Meyer (discovered one in Tualatin!) and looked through the myriad of pacifiers... there are so many! I picked out one that is preferred by nursing babies and she likes it! I didn't realize babies could be so picky, lol. I should have known my daughter would be... ;-) Anyway, it still takes a little persuasion to get her to take it when she's crying sometimes, but it's nice to have. The only problem now is that it'll keep her quiet for awhile, then she'll spit it out and I have to put it back in... I think I've created a monster. lol
Well, until next time... :-)
We've Moved!
-
We've moved!
Please change your bookmarks to direct to:
http://kindredspiritreviews.blogspot.com
Thank you!
17 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment