Pyzam Family Sticker Toy
.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

An Ocean Experience

(Is it just me or does my writing sometimes seem ... like I was distracted when I wrote it? lol Well, it's true that I get distracted and I'm constantly thinking about the baby and waiting for her to need me again... So if my writing seems a bit hurried, it probably is. ;-)

Well, Jaedyn had her first beach trip today! We headed off this morning early and drove for 50 hours (slight exaggeration) to Waldport. Jaedyn usually sleeps through car rides from the time we start driving to the time we get back and it was nice to see that she does the same with longer drives! When we got to Waldport we stopped at a beach access point and I fed the baby and then we walked down along the ocean. I love the ocean, it's so vast and gorgeous... it always gives me a renewed sense of how much bigger God is than me and my problems. How he can create an earth with so many different climates and wonderful areas to enjoy... I'm awed. And I want to explore more - I want to go to Egypt and I want to explore a jungle (except I don't like bugs...) and I want to see Niagra Falls and I want to backpack through Ireland... it's a good thing they have videos of this stuff, lol. :-)

Anyway - I really enjoyed that ocean experience. :-) Afterward we headed to John's grandpa's house and introduced Jaedyn to her great-grandparents and another set of grandparents. :-) It was a nice time and Jaedyn was so social and smiley for it. I'm glad she's so easy-going... most of the time. lol We didn't stay long because John had to study and we had such a long drive back (which the baby slept through again, YES). It was definitely nice for me to get out though, I enjoyed it immensely. :-)

Here are some pics from the day:

On the drive over :-)

Stopping at the beach to feed the baby

Jaedyn in her little front pack!
(Yes I know I need to get her a sun hat! I covered her head with the blanket ;-)

Messing around - I love sand!

John loving to have his picture taken ;-)
Me and the babe

Us *happy sigh*


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, keep this up. Don't sleep on the job. You guys look great. Glad you're happy. Loveya, Mum

Powered By Blogger